Developing a gastronomic hotel, nowadays, can be an opportunity for your financial fulfillment. Gastronomic experiences have become one of the main sources of spending for travelers. Foodies or travelers who love good food are here to stay and the hotel sector must take advantage of this type of customer.
In this sense, hotels with an emphasis on the food and beverage area have been part of the response to these trends that the hotel industry is currently experiencing.
In this article we will explain what a gastronomic hotel is and why to develop one.
WHAT IS A GASTRONOMIC HOTEL?
In order to develop a gastronomic hotel, it is necessary to consider what we are talking about. In this sense, a gastronomic hotel is a hotel establishment that combines a high-quality restoration based on local products, enogastronomic activities and the offer of an excellent accommodation.
On the other hand, in these establishments the restaurant is open to the general public. That is to say, it is not necessarily exclusive to guests staying at the lodging.
In addition, in this type of hotels also stand out the quality of personalized service, the environment and a very careful design Gastronomic hotels are usually located in historical enclaves or charming environments, where the client not only delights his taste but also his sight.
TIPS FOR DEVELOPING A GASTRONOMIC HOTEL
If you are thinking of developing a gastronomic hotel, you should take into account the following advice:
- The restaurant area is much more than just the food. That is to say, it must have a good environment that promotes interaction among customers. Therefore, you must take into account factors such as music, colors and textures, interior design, aromas, among others.
- The gastronomic menu should be linked to the local environment. You must offer typical and representative dishes of the local gastronomy, as well as wines with denomination of origin.
- Offer dishes made from superfoods. Today’s customers prefer foods that provide health benefits. Examples include berries, corn, avocado, seaweed, oily fish, among others.
- Offering authentic Latin style cuisine. Mexican, Peruvian and Chilean cuisine, among others, is currently trending.
- In order to develop a gastronomic hotel, it is necessary to take into account the enogastronomic activities. In this case it is necessary to offer the service of tastings and degustations in local wineries.
- Having a good system for the conservation and storage of Food & Beverage.
- To have personnel in charge of wine service. It is recommended that the staff has experience and, in addition, has the recognition of associations or schools of sommeliers.
- Menu card in different languages.
- Service personnel fluent in several languages (at least Spanish and English), so that they can provide adequate attention.
- Hire an experienced and recognized chef.
- Parking, if possible, with its own parking lot or at least with parking spaces for diners. It is recommended that it should have a capacity equal to or greater than one third of the restaurant’s seating capacity.
WHY DEVELOP A GASTRONOMIC HOTEL?
Developing a gastronomic hotel can be a good investment, as these hotels have gained a lot of popularity in recent years. Moreover, some hotels have created a local entertainment and leisure community through their restaurants. Thus becoming a reference for the cities where they are located.
In addition, today’s tourists are looking for novel and trendy experiences. For example, the theme of local gastronomy. Today’s tourists place great emphasis not only on the quality of the accommodation, but also on the quality of the food they will consume during their travels.
Another reason to invest in these accommodations is to attract more guests. For those users who only go to the restaurant to taste the delicious dishes, may decide to stay at the hotel. The quality of the food encourages them to stay at least one night.
Nowadays, haute cuisine, local cuisine and especially Latin American cuisine have become F&B trends in hotels. Therefore, both investors and owners of tourist accommodations should take this into account and make the most of it.
Finally, developing a successful gastronomic hotel requires careful planning, creativity and a focus on culinary excellence. So, we recommend you seek help from professionals in the market.