Hospitality proves to be a basic factor in the satisfaction of the tourist customer, in definitely it is doing business taking care of your guests as best as possible.
The term hospitality owes a lot to the Romans, deriving from the Latin “hopitium” and defining it as the virtue that is exercised by providing due assistance to needs or the good welcome and reception given to foreigners or visitors.
THE HOSPITALITY PROCESS
The hospitality process begins from the decision to make a trip until the tourist returns to his or her usual residence. In this process, a series of entities are involved that will provide the visitor with all the necessary services to make their stay an experience. unforgettable.
People have always traveled for different reasons; due to commerce, religion, family issues, immigration, education…which is why he has needed to stay in other parts of the world. The first hotels were private houses open to the public, in fact some were sold with a bad reputation without any indication of hospitality, today it is not known with certainty which was the first place to offer hospitality as a form of service.
Currently, the trend of providing experiences to consumers is growing, mainly in the services sector, and therefore in the hotel sector. The fact that customers seek new experiences has driven hotels to create new service concepts and new products, highlighting the stimuli that these products can produce in their consumption.
CHARACTERISTICS THAT SHOW HOSPITALITY WITHIN A HOTEL PROJECT
Making a client feel good is not just the responsibility of one person, but of an entire team. Therefore, aspects related to good treatment, courtesy and respect must be taken into account since the messages are directed to human beings, so this will raise our reputation and increase the flow of clients. There are words that reflect hospitality at any stage of the tourism process, some of them are:
- Kindness: Look our client in the eyes, welcome words and have details at the right time.
- Friendship: We must consider the client as a friend to whom we value, respect and give the best of ourselves.
- Personalized and individualized attention: Each client requires different needs, so we must always be there to offer help, and provide it with professionalism and kindness.
- Effectiveness and Efficiency: Availability and speed to solve problems.
- Loyalty and Familiarity: Be loyal to clients since they place trust in us, making them feel at home.
- Patience: Solve customer questions without overwhelming them and maintaining patience.
- Professionalism: Training, attitude and know-how towards clients.
- Gratitude: Be grateful that they have chosen us, and be grateful before, during and after the stay.
- Security: Inspire our clients with security, peace of mind and confidence from the first moment.
- Receptivity: Always willing to respond to customer requests or suggestions.
- Sympathy: Express words that reflect an affectionate and respectful attitude, along with cordiality, using a jovial tone that makes communication easier.
Hospitality should be understood in a broad sense
Therefore, in order to talk about a good hotel project, it is necessary to talk about hospitality in a broad sense, with the intention of guaranteeing and ensuring that guests experience a satisfactory feeling during their stay, thus increasing the offer of accommodation for people of diverse backgrounds. origins, regardless of their social status. It is not only enough to offer basic needs, but it is also good to personalize the service in a way that marks them forever and serves as an incentive to return another time.
We start from the basis that hospitality applies to both clients and employees, in this way motivation is created to remain faithful to the work and the hotel’s own reputation. The prosperity and success of a hotel project depends on individual goodwill, positive influence within the team, its ethics, and tolerance for all people.
In short, hospitality speaks more than the structure and reputation of a hotel, which is why it is important to consider hospitality in a comprehensive way and beyond pure accommodation, where the maximum attention can be offered to clients in their duty as hosts.