When opening a hotel, it is essential to pay special attention to the previous steps; that is to say, to a correct planning of our project, which allows us to go from the initial idea to the final execution.
This process is undoubtedly complex, and that is why having a specialised consultancy such as the one provided by IHCS will ensure the success of our project.
How can IHCS help us to develop our hotel project?
Having the support and advice of experts will allow us to clearly define our hotel project and the steps to follow, avoiding mistakes and optimising time and resources. In this sense, IHCS is an international hotel consultancy specialising in the development of hotel projects, with 26 years of experience behind it and a long history of successful projects.
IHCS will not only help us to develop our hotel project, but will also add value to it, for several reasons:
- Their international expertise will give our project a greater depth and knowledge of the environment.
- Their 26 years of experience as hotel consultants have given them extensive knowledge of the hotel market. In addition, they are constantly updating their knowledge to be able to offer the most innovative solutions for our project.
- They offer a tailor-made service for each client, taking into account their individual preferences and needs. This allows them to offer personalised strategies to maximise the performance of our hotel project.
- Their involvement in the project entails a constant follow-up of every step of the project, as well as the correct training of the staff.
- It will allow us to optimise our resources, so that we do not waste time and energy or incur in unnecessary costs.
How is a hotel development project carried out?
When developing a hotel project with a specialised consultancy, we can talk about 4 main steps.
Initial analysis of the project
Once we have an idea of what we want, it is time to contact a hotel consultancy specialised in the development of hotel projects. In a first phase, the consultant will evaluate, in a general way, the viability of our plan. To do this, several questions must be answered:
- Location: Where do we plan to build the hotel? Do we have a specific plot of land or a building to build it on, or are we starting from scratch?
- Demand: What are the needs of the market? Is there a demand for this type of project?
- Competition: How many competitors are there in the area? What do they have to offer? Can we offer something that distinguishes us from them and makes us stand out?
- Audience: What type of public is this hotel aimed at? Is the market segmentation we are carrying out for this area and type of hotel correct?
With the information we obtain from these questions, we will be able to draw up an initial profitability forecast and begin to define the hotel profile we need.
Clear definition of our project
The information gathered previously will allow us, in this phase, to clearly outline our offer and services. This is the moment to define the concept of our hotel and decide what we are going to offer the client.
- Decide on the type of hotel (family, adult, boutique…) for which we will opt.
- Establish the number of rooms that our hotel will have and what their price will be.
- Define the services that our hotel will have (swimming pool, spa, gym, meeting rooms…).
Drawing up the action plan
Once we have clearly established our hotel profile and services, it is time to establish an action plan to carry it out.
Our action plan will define the objectives to be achieved in the short, medium and long term, and the specific strategies that will allow us to reach them.
It is at this moment, moreover, when a specialised consultancy will help us to plan our commercial strategy, so that we can adequately promote our hotel and its services. On many occasions, the success of a hotel is closely linked to a correct commercial strategy that makes it visible and attractive to potential guests.
The last step of our action plan will be the search for financing, so that we can find investors for our project. It is in these situations when the help of a specialised consultancy such as IHCS becomes invaluable, as they have an in-depth knowledge of the different possible ways of financing a hotel project.
Execution of our hotel project
The last step is making our project a reality. To do this, we will follow the steps established in the action plan we have drawn up.
This last step is also the most delicate, as it involves a multitude of agents: architects, engineers, suppliers, service personnel… This is why it is highly advisable to have a consultancy firm to help us manage the different phases of the execution and act as an intermediary with all the agents, safeguarding our interests.
Developing a hotel project may seem a Herculean task, but if you have the help and advice of a hotel consultancy such as IHCS, the process becomes much simpler and the chances of success are multiplied.