The key to the success of hotel companies lies in the good use of the resources they have, having a well-trained and motivated work team, good infraestructures and quality service.
THE IMPORTANCE OF A PMS
Large hotel chains and independent hotels already have a complex organization by departments, most have a PMS, a software application that allows automating various functions of a hotel where the most significant areas within the field of hotel management can be managed.
Having a tool like this can help us manage and, above all, optimize the management of a hotel. Manage operational processes with the maximum possible efficiency, in order to make decisions, and become aware of different strategies with the minimum level of risk.
Currently, this type of management software allows us to evaluate the daily operation of our hotel, from customer reservations to sales, marketing, billing, collections, payments, human resources, maintenance and quality management, among others.
The tourism sector, due to trends in distribution and tourist flows, has changed its way of competing. This competition has gone from being one focused on prices to one based on highlighting those elements that make the hotel unique.
THE IMPORTANCE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT
For anyone who is interested in the tourism business and specifically, hotels, it is important to have leadership, as well as a vocation to serve. It is also important to be a good communicator and know the hotel world, the industry and society in general. A hotel manager must be aware that the client must always be satisfied with the service they receive and must quickly face all the problems involved in this business.
The Hotel Management professional is trained to perform administrative management tasks in hotels, design tourism packages and plans, and develop promotion plans that increase tourism and hotel development. Given the differences in characteristics as well as sizes of hotels, hotel managers can perform different functions and administrative tasks. Some may manage only one area of the hotel, coordinating their activities with those of managers in other sections. In other hotels, the manager is usually responsible for the entire hotel, with all its areas, but it is also possible to manage the entire business on your own or hire external companies to manage some areas.
Continuous training is key, since the hotel sector is always changing, especially now with the advancement of technology that offers hotels new software and tools to improve their management; and with digitalization, which has taken hotel marketing to another phase. You must always be up to date to then properly train the team and stay ahead of the competitors.
WHO CAN MANAGE MY HOTEL PROJECT?
On certain occasions we carry so many responsibilities that we overlook important details in the management of our hotel or tourist establishment, which is why at International Hotel Consulting Services we can help you.
The steps we follow:
- The first thing we do is know and understand the project, an initial assessment is carried out to know the real situation.
- We develop a work plan, establishing the objectives to be achieved in different management areas along with the strategies to follow. We will convert this work plan into an action plan, covering all aspects of hotel management from the reservation policy to the positioning of the hotel, including cost management and many others.
- Coordinated and team work to offer the best results, training for staff, so that the entire team follows the same line and is the best to achieve the interests of the project.
- Start-up of the project, where the moment of execution arrives. From this moment on, it is only necessary to carry out periodic measurements to know how far we are from the objectives we set at the beginning.
- That is why we encourage you to contact us and allow our Hotel Management service to turn any inconvenience you have into a success story.