Eco-Glamping hotels are a category of accommodation that is characterized by offering the best of two environments. They combine the camping experience with the amenities and exclusivity of a luxury hotel. So much that the term “glamping” is a combination of the words “glamour” and “camping”.
These hotels are generally located in natural environments and offer a unique experience. Thus, visitors can enjoy nature while staying in a comfortable and luxurious way.
KEY FEATURES OF ECO-GLAMPING HOTELS INCLUDE
- Location and design: Eco-glamping hotels are usually located in places of great natural beauty. But they are also designed to integrate harmoniously with their environment. This may include building structures that resemble shapes in nature. Not to mention that there may also be the inclusion of garden and landscape elements in the facilities.
- Sustainability and ecology: Many eco-glamping hotels are designed to minimize their impact on the environment. This may include the use of natural materials in its construction. But not only that, but also the implementation of renewable energy sources and the promotion of sustainable practices. And among the latter is generally recycling and water conservation.
- Privacy and exclusivity: Eco-glamping hotels typically offer individual, separate accommodations, either in dedicated tents or secluded cabins. This allows for greater privacy and tranquility, as well as a more exclusive experience for guests.
- Unique amenities: Despite their location, eco-glamping hotels offer high-quality amenities. So much so that these amenities are the same or even superior to those of traditional hotels. This may include quality beds, comfortable bathrooms, daily cleaning services and heating.
WHAT PRINCIPLES OR STANDARDS ECO-GLAMPING HOTELS MUST COMPLY WITH
Once the characteristics of these establishments are known, it is also necessary to understand the principles they comply with. And, if you are wanting to venture into the world of eco-glamping, you must follow a series of rules. They range from the moment of construction of the hotel to operational management. Below we show some of them:
1. MANAGEMENT COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY
Managing eco-glamping hotels is not just about providing exceptional amenities and services. It also involves a series of values and practices that promote the well-being of the local community and the environment. To achieve this, moral principles that safeguard labor rights and transparency must be followed and defended.
2. SUSTAINABILITY IN INFRASTRUCTURE
The infrastructure of these sustainable establishments seeks to minimize environmental impact and promote respect for local communities. This involves the use of safe materials in construction, as well as the implementation of a bioclimatic and efficient design. In this way, the result is the optimization of the use of natural resources, such as sunlight and ventilation.
Furthermore, the design of eco-glamping hotels must respect the environment, local traditions and the needs of users. This includes using local materials and hiring employees from the community itself.
3. BIODIVERSITY MANAGEMENT
When we talk about eco-glamping hotels, biodiversity management is essential for environmental conservation. This work compromises the preservation of the natural habitat and its richness of species. But for this type of hotels to achieve this objective, a responsible approach to the use of ecosystems is required.
In this sense, biodiversity management involves the adoption of practices that mitigate any potential damage to the environment. This ensures that human activities do not threaten the survival of local species or deteriorate ecosystems.
However, biodiversity management in eco-glamping hotels is not limited to mere passive conservation. It also focuses on inspiring and motivating people to appreciate and enjoy nature. This task aims to create an emotional connection between users and the natural environment.
4. EFFICIENT SUPPLIES MANAGEMENT
Supply chain management plays an essential role in promoting eco-glamping hotels. And in these establishments, such management includes the acquisition of supplies of products and services that are environmentally safe. Of course, always prioritizing those that minimize the impact on the natural environment.
It is worth highlighting that this management also encourages local commercial activity. In this sense, opportunities are sought to acquire products and services from local suppliers whenever possible. In this way, not only is the economy of the surrounding community strengthened. It also contributes to reducing the carbon footprint by reducing the need for long-distance transportation.
5. RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Efficient resource management allows eco-glamping hotels to be responsible and sustainable. This includes the conservation of water and energy resources, with a focus on reducing air pollution. In addition, it seeks to implement innovative measures in water and energy management.
The resource management initiatives of this type of tourist establishments make it possible to reduce costs and improve efficiency. But not only is it, but they also have a positive impact on the environment.
6. WASTE MANAGEMENT
Waste management in eco-glamping hotels involves rigorous control of the volume and quality of waste generated. Firstly, said management includes the implementation of practices that reduce waste production. But strategies are also used for efficient collection, recycling and disposal of the waste generated.
The idea is not only to meet environmental standards, but also to operate efficiently and economically. By adopting responsible approaches to waste management, you significantly contribute to waste reduction and the conservation of natural resources.
ECO-GLAMPING HOTELS HAVE BECOME MORE AND MORE POPULAR
Glamping has gained increasing popularity among travelers, and this trend is due to a number of reasons. The first of them is comfort without sacrificing the connection with nature. And in eco-glamping hotels, travelers can enjoy natural beauty while relaxing in comfortable beds, using private bathrooms and, in some cases, even having access to air conditioning in environments as diverse as forests and deserts.
In addition, glamping offers truly unique experiences, since each accommodation is different. Whether it’s a luxurious safari tent, a luxury treehouse or a yurt with stunning views, these accommodations provide a variety of exciting options for travelers looking to escape the routine.